Tuesday, January 29, 2013

My Writing Process & a Surprise

After taking roughly a week's worth of time away from writing my fourth Nevermore book, I did something I have never done with writing. I sat down and wrote a quick outline, laying everything out before me just waiting to be given depth and life. 

Normally, when I begin a new story, I open up a blank document and just let the words flow out, with no intended destination - that all comes to me as I go along. But this book has so much that I needed to figure out and have as perfect as possible that I decided I needed an outline. Ever since I typed up the outline, my writing has progressed and I am happy with the direction it is heading. 

To aid me in writing, I like to be surrounded by comfort - the light, gentle music from my Rock-a-bye Lullabies [if you are unaware, those are rock songs turned into 'lullabies'!], my wax burner swirling the fumes of sugared kiwi melon in the room, relaxed in my leather office chair, with all of the lights out. 

I have also been toying around with Photoshop for the past day and a half [which has taken out a chunk of time that could have been spent writing, but I will forgive myself later], altering the covers of my current novels. With that being said, look out for potential cover changes in the near future. 

Also...Nevermore Four officially has a title! 

Be prepared for Destiny, Nevermore Book 4 this spring~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management