Saturday, July 13, 2013

The King's Hourglass is Here!



I am beyond excited to announce that after eight years since I began the book, after several rewritings, after various character name and scenario changes here and there, and after an entire week dedicated to nothing but editing and formatting, The King's Hourglass, is at last published! 

This story was never expected to become anything when I initially began writing it, to be honest. Back when I was seventeen, I spent a few hours here and there writing bits and pieces of this story as a hobby. After a while, it developed into the first full-length novel I ever completed writing. It was completely written by 2008, then left to sit there while I messed around with ideas for the sequel. At that point in time, I didn't know about digital publishing, but I so badly wanted to have my book published. My husband [at that time boyfriend] and I looked into agents and publishing traditionally, but we never really pursued it. The book went untouched for a few more years, until the end of 2011 when I opened up the document again and began changing little things to add more excitement, and it briefly ended here when the idea for a vampire hunter series you are no doubt familiar with popped into my head. And I began my journey with digital publishing, which has been one of the greatest happenings in my life thus far. 

All work on Avarial ceased at that point, as I became focused on the life of Alexis Hobbs. In truth, I felt somewhat ashamed for abandoning my first ever book, the one book that I longed for years to have published, but I needed to get this fresh new idea out as soon as possible! And I do not regret that decision, Nevermore has been a success and people continue to ask for more of Alexis [she will be back in your lives before you know it]. 

But now it is hopefully Divian's time to shine. I hope that you will give this new world and these new characters a chance, and even find new friends in the lands of Dulcor. 

Clicking on the image will take you directly to the Amazon page:  


The King is on the verge of death, but his young heir is not yet ready to take the throne. The prince sets out on a perilous journey to save his father before time runs out. What he discovers will shape the fate of their world. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Online Project management